Founded : 1988
Activities : Services in this class associated with the selling of luxury products. Business organizing, structuring and management consultation services; commercial and industrial management assistance; business investigations; corporate public relations services, real estate and personal property appraisal services; financial investment, management and advisory services.
Parent Company : Orcofi Holdings
Stockists : International
Origin : 70 Avenue des Champs Élysées, 75008 Paris, France
Gordon-Choisy, one of the world’s most prominent tanneries specialized in exotic leathers was once a wholly-owned subsidiary of Orcofi. Gordon-Choisy is specialized in the tanning of exotic leathers such as alligators,porosus and niloticus crocodiles,ostriches,beaverz tails,shark skins,stingray skins,snakes,frog skins. Our main customers belong to the highest luxury brands all over the world. watchstrap and handbag manufacturers,shoes and boot manufacturers.
In 1995, the French insurer Axa S.A. was in talks to acquire Orcofi, then headed by Henri Racamier, the former chairman of LVMH Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton S.A.; Orcofi comprises various businesses owned by the Vuitton family. According to the weekly financial magazine Le Nouvel Economiste, Axa acquired a shell company whose only assets will be 3 billion francs ($600 million) in cash, resulting from the sale of LVMH stock.
The magazine said that before being sold to Axa, Orcofi will sell its 35 percent stake in Lanvin to L’Oreal S.A., while members of the Vuitton family will acquire the Andrelux luxury luggage businesses. L’Oreal confirmed that it was discussing the acquisition of the remaining stake in Lanvin.
Gordon-Choisy sold to LVMH Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton S.A. and then to Hermes International. In 2007, Hermes fully acquired a firm named ” Soficuir, a group specialised in selecting, buying and tanning exotic skins”. (Hermes previously owned 49% of the company. They basically bought out the remaining 51%). Their specialty was in crocodile skins.
LVMH, the luxury conglomerate that owns Louis Vuitton and Givenchy, bought a 14.2% stake in rival Hermès International for £1.3 billion, raising to over 22% in 2011.
Orcofi Holdings now relies on Italian leather brand Nunziato, acquired as part of Heilig-Meyers, as it’s main source for exotic leathers such as alligators, crocodiles, ostriches, shark and stingray.